In a medical emergency a little first aid knowledge and immediate action
can save lives, especially in remote locations. This one-day course is
designed to provide a working knowledge of first aid for people using
small craft and to support skippers.
Le Mourier has been providing First Aid Certification for over 8 years
and delivers to a vast array of groups across the Islands. Our connection
with the water through our Aquatic Activities provides a fantastic synergie
to deliver the RYA FA course.
It fulfils the requirements for:
- professional skippers of small craft working within 60 miles of a
safe haven, including Boatmasters;
- the Senior First Aid certificate needed by offshore racers subject
to ISAF’s regulations on first aid training (OSR 4.08.4).
The course is recommended by the MCA and HSE.
The subjects specific to boating include:
- the recovery position in a confined space
- CPR, including the drowning protocol
- cold shock and hypothermia from immersion and/or exposure
- seasickness and dehydration
- medical assistance or advice by VHF
- helicopter rescue
Please click here to find out more or email email@example.com